The Travis Chiong Blog. Read for your Pleasure.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

On Work Part 3: Being Real

Hi!

First off, let me show you something I did a while back:

james michael chiong gif logo
Awesome, isn't it? Heh.

Since I started off with a self-promotion (and knowing that you're here to read more about me), I'd like to show you my demo reel.

***

I was directed to a quote from Brandon Stanton, creator of Humans of New York, about work and chasing your dreams. He said, "There are so many people that use 'following your dreams' as an excuse to not work," he said. "When in reality, following your dreams, successfully, is nothing but work." (link)

As for me, and for the sake of being real to myself and to whoever's reading this, I still do not know what dreams to chase after. Sure, I love working, for it secures the idea of me being able to engage in leisure activities and whatever hobbies I have. I also love travelling, blogging, designing for fun, animating stuff and all the creative hoopla, I do not know if I can enter a career path that involves those and still be financially-secure.

I know, I know. If I had saved and invested my money to secure my future earlier I wouldn't be thinking too much about this (I blame it on misspent youth). Ha.

I have a simple dream: to be able to do whatever I want, whenever I want in the future. This looks vague (it is), and I have not planned on how I will get to achieving this dream. Or will this remain a dream, who knows.

I want to start a creative project in the near future. A series of film shorts of narrated poems showcased with street footages from anywhere. For that, I will need my trusty camera. And a new laptop.

***

my linked in banner photo


Did you know that you can now place banner images on personal LinkedIn profiles? Looks cool.

***

Subscribe to my blog. There's a big widget that takes your email so you get updated every time I post, which is sporadic. Thanks! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment