The Travis Chiong Blog. Read for your Pleasure.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lookie Here! I'm Back Again!

Hello everyone!

Looks like a fucking painting, doesn't it? DOESN'T IT?
You must've thought that I've abandoned this blog already. Well, I have not, and I don't think I ever will. It's got my fucking name on it so why should I?

I should blog about when me and Beth went to Bohol. It was a dream. The whole stretch of soft white sand and pristine waters is such a wonderful sight to behold. The islands are just as majestic and unspoiled (yet). The Chocolate Hills are nostalgic, reminiscent of the old postcards I used to look at when I was a kid. The 2-centuries-old Baclayon Church, sadly, is half-destroyed by the earthquake last year that hit Bohol. Do you believe that there's not one SM mall in Bohol? They've effectively passed laws that promote local commerce instead of bringing in industry giants. I think it's a must-visit should anyone want to explore the different sights and sites in the country.

We also went to Corregidor, and were moved by the stories of World War II in that historic place. It's a remnant of a violent past, and a reminder of how ravaged the Philippines has been during the war. It's also a shrine to the heroes that fought and died to defend the country against its oppressors.

This is my favorite place in Corregidor. Not the ruins. Not the blasted buildings. But this.
 ***

Anyway, a few months back I was already thinking about what to write about as another grand entrance to the realm of blogging. I've done some traveling since the last time I blogged, but my travels aren't enough to cover a "going-back-to-blogging" blogpost.

Well, fast forward a few weeks back, something happened that changed my life. Possibly for as long as I live.

I was diagnosed with an illness that makes me dizzy with strenuous or sudden movement. Vertigo. Caused by displaced calcium crystals inside the ear canals, causing the feeling of imbalance. But never to worry, doc said as long as I take my pills I'll be fine.

Let me tell you about my first attack. It was one morning as I was just waking up and about to rise from the bed when suddenly everything around me is moving to the right. When I try to look at my left it would be so just for a few seconds then it would spin back to the opposite direction, It's like the feeling you get after you spin around; except for me at that time I felt it the whole fucking day.

Even though I haven't been advised to not do the usual things that I do (except for rigorous activities), I stay away from the things that I worry that will make me dizzy. It's like a normal feeling now. I've bid Muay Thai good bye, I certainly can no longer ride the insane rides in amusement and theme parks, I can't even run anymore without feeling a slight discomfort.

Have I learned something from it? Yeah. A lot. One of them is taking care of oneself. Honestly, I used to think that I'll never be sick (except for occasional fevers and cases of runny nose). I think I've pushed my physical shell to its limits. Now I'm taking care of myself. I've also realized that my life isn't only mine to live for, but for those whom I love and those that I want to look out for.

***

I hope this post makes up for the long time I haven't been here.

No comments :

Post a Comment